Are you concerned and/or confused by the current debate on nationalized healthcare? Don’t feel alone — if you were the only person in this situation, we would not be able to pull together fifty blogs to learn about nationalized healthcare. The healthcare debate covers a lot of ground, and the blogs listed below represent a wide range of perspectives on this issue.
The blogs listed below are categorized and listed in alphabetical order within each category.
- Cancer Action Network’s Health Care Reform: ACS CAN is the nation’s leading cancer advocacy organization that is working every day to make cancer issues a national priority. They also provide their insights on the healthcare debate.
- Guaranteed Healthcare: GuaranteedHealthcare.org is a project of the California Nurses Association/National Nurses Organizing Committee, and patients and community groups around the country.
- Health Beat by Maggie Mahar: Maggie Mahar is a fellow at The Century Foundation and the author of Money-Driven Medicine: The Real Reason Health Care Costs So Much.
- Health Care for America Now! Health Care for America Now (HCAN) is a national grassroots campaign of more than 1,000 organizations in 46 states representing 30 million people dedicated to winning quality, affordable health care.
- Health Care Reform Blog: The Campaign for an American Solution is a grassroots effort whose mission is to build support for workable health care reform.
- Latinos United for Healthcare: The League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC) and National Hispanic Leadership Agenda (NHLA) provide their perspectives on nationalized health care at this blog.
- OpenForum: OpenForum is a blog supported by the community of Health and Human Rights: An International Journal, dedicated to writing and dialogue that advances health as an issue of fundamental human rights and social justice.
- Physicians for a National Health Program: PHNP is a single-issue organization advocating a universal, comprehensive single-payer national health program.
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation: The mission of the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation is to improve the health and health care of all Americans. Their blog reflects this goal.
- The New Health Dialogue: This blog is provided by the New America Foundation, a nonprofit, nonpartisan public policy institute.
- Wendell Potter’s Blog: Potter is a Senior Fellow on Health Care at the Center for Media and Democracy. He also is an advocate for socially responsible organizations, including health insurers.
- Consumer-Driven Health Care: This blog is a special project of the National Center for Policy Analysis, a nonprofit, nonpartisan public policy research organization, established in 1983.
- Daily Health Policy Report: Provided by Kaiser Health News, this blog provides a daily update on changes in health care policy.
- Disease Management Care Blog: This blog provides a resource for information from the world of disease management in a variety of venues.
- Health Affairs: Learn more about nationalized healthcare through the lens of the Policy Journal of the Health Sphere.
- Health Care Policy and Marketplace Review: This blog brings Bob Laszewski’s take on the latest federal healthy policy and marketplace activities. Mr. Laszewski is president of Health Policy and Strategy Associates, LLC.
- Health Policy and Communications Blog: his blog is to foster discussion and analysis about how health policy and communications issues affect clinical and economic outcomes.
- Health Policy Watch: This is a Century Foundation Project that seeks to provide experts and non-experts alike with a portal on these developing debates on health policy and on ideas for achieving universal coverage.
- Health-Care Policy Blog: Franklin and Marshall College provides a blog format for discussion about health care policy.
- Healthy Policy: Kate Steadman is obsessed with health policy, which she shares at this blog as well as at other Web sites.
- Managed Care Matters: This is Joseph Paduda’s blog about managed care for group health, workers’ compensation and other insurance needs.
- Medicaidfirstaid: This blog is dedicated to improving the performance of our nation’s health system to care for children and others in need.
- National Center Blog: This blog is a project of the National Center for Public Policy Research, a conservative think-tank.
- Washington Policy Blog on Health Care: The Washington Policy Center, an independent, non-partisan, research and education organization located in Seattle, Washington, provides insights into health care policy in this blog.
- Workers’ Comp Insider: This is Lynch Ryan’s blog about workers’ compensation, risk management, business insurance and much more work-related healthcare topics.
- Insureblog: This blog covers insurance issues, principles and solutions.
- Shargel Health Care Reform Blog: This blog presents a focus on small business in the reform dialogue. Susan Shargel is founder and president of Shargel & Co. Insurance.
- The Alan Katz Health Care Reform Blog: Alan Katz has long been a strong advocate for agents and the roles they play in America’s health care coverage system.
Business and Health
- Fierce Healthcare: Although this site is geared toward healthcare industry executives, you can get a different perspective on healthcare with this blog. Look along the top navigation tabs on this site to get more information on healthcare and IT, finance, hospitals and medical record news.
- Health Business Blog: David E. Williams, this blog’s author, is co-founder of MedPharma Partners LLC, strategy consultant in technology enabled health care services, pharma, biotech, and medical devices.
- Health IT & Healthcare Reform: Read Brian Ahier’s views and information on government 2.0, health information technology and on reforming the healthcare system.
- Healthcare Economist: Jason’s research interests include all issues related to healthcare policy and economics, the health insurance market and, and Medicare research.
- Healthcare Informatics: While the main focus is healthcare issues for the CIO, anyone can pick up on the topics and insight provided by this business blog.
- PHI Blog: PHI works to strengthen the nation’s long-term care direct-care workforce, which includes nearly 3 million home health aides, certified nurse aides, and personal care attendants. Their blog focuses on health care changes and how they might affect long-term care, the elderly and the workforce for that venue.
- FDA Law Blog: Hyman, Phelps & McNamara, P.C. practices in the areas of new drug development, controlled substances, advertising, and health care law complement their core FDA (Food and Drug Administration) practice.
- HealthBlawg: David Harlow, a health care lawyer and consultant with over twenty years of public and private sector experience, provides his perspective on health care law.
- Healthcare Law Blog: Holland & Hart practices in the Mountain West, and they provide a perspective on how healthcare law affects that area’s residents.
- HealthLawProf Blog: Follow nationalized health care policy through a law professor’s eyes.
- Home Care Law Blog: Learn more about legal and policy issues in home health care, private duty and hopice industries. The law firm of Gilliland & Markette LLP maintains this blog.
- Catholic Healthcare West Thought Blog: CHW provides a blog about health care reform among other topics.
- Commonhealth: Boston’s NPR station, WBUR, offers insights into health care for the nation.
- Health Care Renewal: A core of writers, including physicians, express their insights into health care’s core values, “especially those stemming from concentration and abuse of power.”
- Let’s Talk Health Care: Harvard Pilgrim Health Care, a full-service health benefits company serving members throughout Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Maine and beyond, provides a format for readers to talk about health care changes.
- National Journal Health Care: A variety of experts chime in with their opinions and research into the national healthcare debate.
- Paul Taylor Healthcare Reform: A hospital CEO shares his vision for health care reform.
- Prescriptions: The New York Times provides a column focused specifically on the health care debate.
- Slate’s Health Reform: An Online Guide: Follow the health care story as it unfolds through this constantly updated guide to the best online information sources about this debate.
- The Consumer Healthcare Blog: Look to this blog for consumer healthcare news, health advice and industry options.
- The Health Care Blog: A top blog for every man’s (and woman’s) reference to health care in this nation, from opinions to reviews and policy watches.
- The Ludicrous Project: This blog encourages those individuals entering the medical profession to examine the moral and economic foundations of individual rights and capitalism. The archive holds all previous posts.