Are you in a health administration job, or would you like to be in that position? Your career may get a boost if you begin to read blogs written by and for those individuals who work in health administration. Some blogs in this list are written by hospital CEOs, some blogs tackle IT issues, policy problems and pharmaceutical issues.
The blogs listed below are all updated frequently, and they are listed in categories for your convenience. Each link is listed alphabetically within those categories to show readers that we do not favor one blog over another.
Hospital CEO Blogs
- Healing Hospitals – Formerly Ask a Hospital President: Although this blog is written by a former hospital president, it is included because Nick Jacobs continues to write about health care and hospital administration topics.
- Hospital Life: Marty Bonick is president and CEO of Jewish Hospital in Louisville, Kentucky. This blog is about “life, work, and everything in between…”
- Leading the Way to Medical Excellence: Mr. Colones, president of McLeod Health non-profit institutions, provides weekly insights into his facilities and health care in general.
- Let’s Talk Health Care: Interim Chief Executive Officer at Harvard Pilgrim in Massachusetts, Bruce Bullen, provides his insights at this online forum and community blog.
- More Than Medicine: Tom Quinn is president and CEO of Community General Hospital in Syracuse, New York, and he offers weekly thought about health care in general.
- Running a Hospital: President and CEO of Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston, Mr. Levy, offers his thoughts on hospitals, medicine and health care issues.
- St. Joseph Medical Center: Mr. Kashman, the Chief Executive Officer at St. Joseph Medical Center in Missouri, offers news and information about this facility.
- Todd’s Perspective: Todd Linden is president and CEO of Grinnell Regional Medical Center, a private non-profit hospital located in Grinnell, Iowa.
- ABA Journal Blawgs: This is a blog directory to all blogs posted in the ABA Journal. Many of these blogs pertain to health care issues.
- Drug and Device Law: This blog contains Jim Beck and Mark Herrmann’s personal views of various topics that arise in the defense of pharmaceutical and medical device product liability litigation.
- Drug Injury Watch: Tom Lamb is an attorney, or lawyer, who represents patients and their families in drug injury lawsuits.
- FDA Law Blog: Hyman, Phelps & McNamara, P.C. is the largest dedicated food and drug law firm in the country, with a niche practice in drug development and more.
- Health Care Law Blog: Bob Coffield, located in West Virginia, focuses on helping businesses and health care providers weave through a variety of state and federal health care regulations and assisting them in business transactions.
- Health IT Law Blog: Steven J. Fox is an acknowledged and well-known national authority on information technology, and he assists clients with legal issues and strategic counseling involving technology in the realm of health care.
- HealthBlawg: David Harlow is a health care lawyer and consultant with over twenty years of public and private sector experience.
- Healthcare Law Blog: This Holland & Hart blog is dedicated to healthcare law issues in or affecting the Mountain West.
- HealthLawProf Blog: S. Elizabeth Malloy, Andrew Katsanis Professor of Law at University of Cincinnati College of Law, provides her take on health care and the law.
- Journal of Health Law and Policy: This blog is an online forum where those interested in discussing current health law and policy developments can collaborate, discuss, and advance solutions to a variety of healthcare issues.
- Juvan’s Health law and Private Equity Report: Jayne E. Juvan, Esq., is an attorney who concentrates her practice principally in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance and regulatory compliance.
- Physician Law: Follow current news, updates and useful tips relating to legal issues that affect physicians and non-institutional providers in their personal and professional lives.
- Eye on FDA: Mark Senak of Fleishman-Hillard’s Washington, D.C. office, and an authority on regulatory aspects of communications and medical products, offers his personal opinions in this blog.
- Hooked: Ethics, Medicine, and Pharma: Updates and Commentary related to the book by the same name, written by Howard Brody, MD, PhD.
- Internet Drug News.com: Updates on pharma news, FDA approvals and more.
- Pharma Gossip: A different perspective on “Big Pharma.”
- Pharma Marketing Blog: This blog reflects the personal opinions of John Mack, publisher of Pharma Marketing News.
- Pharmaceutical Business Review: Gain access to updated news in the pharma industry.
- Pharmalot: This is an independently-owned and operated site that investigates drug companies.
- PharmaManufacturing: This is the digital resource for Pharmaceutical Manufacturing magazine.
- PharmExec Blog: This blog provides discourse, dialogue and discussion about global pharma matters.
- PharmTech Talk: This blog belongs to Pharmaceutical Technology, the authoritative source of peer-reviewed research and expert analyses for experts in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries.
- Be Spacific: Read this blog for daily law and technology news with links to reliable primary and secondary sources on topics including: e-government, privacy, government documents, cybercrime and ID theft and more.
- Candid CIO: Will Weider, CIO of Ministry Health Care and Affinity Health System, offers his perspective on the healthcare IT industry.
- Crossover Health: Dr. Shreeve’s professional interest is the “convergence of medicine, technology, and business.”
- eHealth: John Sharp is an IT Manager for a major medical center in Northeast Ohio, and he writes about eHealth and health IT.
- HealthBlog: Thoughts, comments, news, and reflections about healthcare IT from Microsoft’s worldwide health senior director Bill Crounse, MD.
- HealthNex: This blog focuses on Electronic Health Records (EHR), Health Information Exchange (HIE), biobanking and more patient-centric health care and IT. Contributors include many IBM experts.
- HIS Talk: An anonymous writer shares healthcare IT news and opinion at this blog.
- Medical Connectivity: Medical Connectivity Consulting out of Oregon offers news and opinion regarding health care, medical device connectivity and related issues.
- Neil Versel’s Healthcare IT Blog: This blog reflects a healthcare journalist’s views on health care, a major segment of the IT industry he covers.
- The Biotech & Healthcare IT Blog: A blog for the latest on goings in the Biotech and Healthacre IT world from Biohealthmatics.com.
- The Healthcare IT Guy: This blog belongs to Shahid N. Shah, the founder and CEO of Netspective Communications LLC and an expert technology strategist, enterprise architect, software engineer, and business management consultant.
HIPAA and Other Policy Blogs
- Care About Medicare: If you want to stay on top of Medicare news, visit this blog that monitors many sources to help keep readers up to date on policies.
- Health Care Organizational Ethics: Organizational ethics is what this blog is all about, as organizations provide most health care settings today. Dr. Sabin talks about holding these organizations accountable.
- Health Care Policy and Marketplace Review: This blog reflects Bob Laszewski’s review of the latest latest developments in federal health policy and marketplace activities in the health care financing business.
- Health Care Policy, Innovation and Renewal: A vice president for Strategic Advancement for five-hospital system in Nashville offers his personal take on ways to improve quality, efficiency and equality within global health care systems.
- Health Policy and Communications Blog: This blog’s intent is to foster discussion and analysis about how health policy and communications issues affect clinical and economic outcomes.
- HIPAA Blog: This blog is “a discussion of medical privacy issues buried in political arcana.”
- HIPAA Blog: Another HIPAA blog that focuses on compliance and medical privacy.
- Managed Care Matters: This is Joseph Paduda’s blog on managed care for group health, workers compensation and other medical news for health care providers.
- Wachter’s World: This blog approaches the policy and practice issues that affect real docs and nurses – and real patients – in real hospitals and clinics.